Thursday, February 15, 2007

Flickr.com

So I'm really liking flickr.com. I got an acount there a week or so ago, but I didn't really get around to using it until thursday. Believe me, this is so much more than a photo-hosting site. There are so many groups with pools of photos on any subject. Some of them are extremely clever. My faves? Wardrobe Swapshop is a group where people post pics of the old clothing, shoes, and accessories that they no longer want, and if they like the stuff that someone else posted, they can trade one of their items for it. That's right...it's like thrift shopping, except it has the added bonus of cleaning unwanted clothes out of your closet, and oh yeah, it only costs the price of shipping. Yippee! Another awesome group is Wardrobe_Remix, where people post pictures of their daily outfits. I'm always so jealous of how awesome everyone looks. It's a great place for wardrobe inspiration. (I'm clothing-obsessed, can you tell?). Finally, flickr hosts many groups full of photos of delicious-looking food and accompanying recipes. This is great for me, but not so great for cookbook authors. Score!

No comments: