Thursday, March 15, 2007

Blogging on the Cheap Stuff

There are some other fashion blogs that I really love to read. My favorite one is probably Style Bubble, but I find Daddy Likey hysterical, and I enjoy various other blogs, such as Do This Don't and Facehunter. My only issue with these blogs, in particular Style Bubble and Facehunter, is that they spur in me an inate desire to buy clothes I simply can't afford. As much as I love clothes, sometimes I would rather have money to go on vacation, or to eat for that matter. That philosophy just doesn't give me the budget to spend over $25 on a shirt. And as much as I adore shoes, I will spend a good $60 on a pair of running shoes whose life will span the style changes, and then $30 or less (each) on a select few pairs of shoes that I buy "just for fun." To do otherwise would deprive me of other neccesities. Also, I'm the kind of girl for whom more is more. I'd rather have a handful of cute, cheap dresses than one expensive one. Yes, the cheaper dresses will fall apart more quickly, but I figure that they will be out of style by the time that day comes. If I ever become rich and famous, I can splurge on the good stuff, but for now I'll have to satisfy myself with the glories of H&M, Forever21, Wet Seal, and thrift stores. This is why I blog about the cheaper stuff...It's what I know. There will be the occasional lust entries where I rant about my high fashion desires, but for the most part, I think I can keep those to a minimum.

No comments: