Sunday, July 8, 2007

Gettin' Psyched for Teen Vogue Fashion U



I applied for the Teen Vogue Fashion U yesterday. I hope I get in! I submitted some pictures of me wearing lots of different outfits, most of which you can see in my wardrobe remix flickr photo set, as well as screenshots of my blog and the fashion sketch you can see above. I'm not pretending to be good at sketching clothing designs (I'm self taught, and not terribly artistic), but I tried to draw dresses I would love to wear. The one on the left is my favorite. I wish I owned that dress. I have a few more sketches here, if you're curious.

The Fashion U sounds like it's gonna be amazing! A Teen Vogue rep has been on the TVFU facebook group, and she has been giving more detailed information than the TVFU website. If you don't have facebook and are curious, she has said, "Just to clarify, the number of spaces we have is just about 500. (We were a little overbooked last year.) There's no penalty or advantage for having attended last year. It will be great to see some new and returning faces." and "No reason to be nervous. We will be accepting a good number of students this year. Be yourself. If you can't sketch then submit a photo that expresses your style or passion. More designers are being added as we speak. it's going to be a great year!" She has also clarified that the application will be open for international people soon. You don't have to be American to apply!

I am ridiculously excited. If I don't get accepted, I will have to smite someone.

Have any of you applied? If not, are you planning to?

If anyone sketches fashion designs, or wants to share the photos/etc. that they submitted in their application (or the ones they would have submitted if they were applying), I'd love to see them! Email me and I'll post 'em up! If you don't want them posted, specify that and I won't. I'm sure you are all extremely creative! I have every faith in your fashionable abilities!

1 comment:

tool pouch said...

ill try to define which is good with the one you draw.

on the left it is good for eveyday use.

on the middle is too much daring.. if you have big bumps its good but if not nevermind

on the right its much better but you can only use it on elegant party.