Thursday, July 19, 2007

I Occasionally Post About Beauty


I'm not someone who has been blessed with great skin. It's prone to pimples, and alternates between being overly dry and disgustingly oily. Not ideal, to say the least.

People are usually surprised to hear me say that I have bad skin, because (and I am NOT bragging here, I'm just telling the truth) I tend to get a lot of compliments on it. I attribute this almost completely to one itty-bitty tube of face wash, Burt's Bees Orange Essence Facial Cleanser.

I think the reason the cleanser works so well for me is that it's totally unlike any cleanser I've ever used. It's very oily feeling (but in a good way), doesn't foam, and just doesn't feel like a soap at all. And it always seems extremely luxurious to me, because it smells exactly like fresh oranges. Yummm. You'd think that an oily facial cleanser would be a nightmare for anyone pimple-prone, but on the contrary, it has cleared my face up considerably. I've been using it for a few years (If something works, I stick with it), and my skin is almost always glowy and smooth. Dryness and pimples are a thing of the past!

In other words, I strongly reccomend picking up a tube of this next time you're at Bath & Body Works.

While you're there, I'd reccomend the Burt's Bees Citrus Scrub, which I like to use twice a week, as well as the Beeswax Lipbalm, which I've pretty much sworn by since I was 12 years old. It's all tingly and minty and delicious!

No comments: