Wednesday, July 11, 2007

New Dress, DIY Headband



I have a new summer dress. It's a gently used Soundgirl dress I bought it off of Ebay for $16, including the $7 shipping fee. Not bad, eh? I love it! You can't see in the picture, but the print is little pink hearts that look sort of like flowers with green stems on a white background. The color scheme of the pattern reminded me of the dress on the cover of the most recent Lula magazine, so I felt a sudden urge to wear the Erin Featherston flower headband shown on the cover with my new purchase. Of course, that wasn't an option. Instead, I used a broken pearl/clear bead necklace and a piece of thin, flexible wire to make a headband. I wrapped the ends of the wire around the ends of the broken necklace and ended up with a headband that mildly resembled the Erin Featherston one. I quite like it.



There are three things I feel required to do in this ensemble:
1) Go to a wedding
2) Frolick barefoot in the grass
3) Have a tea party

I feel all festive now. Maybe I should go accomplish task #3?