Saturday, October 20, 2007

Le Business Card: Part Deux



I just thought you might want to see the final draft (so to speak) of my business card. It will, of course, be less blurry, but this is basically it. It's been shipped, and I should get it the day before I leave for Fashion U. Cutting it close, I know. But I'm still totally psyched. I mean, people my age don't tend to have business cards. It makes me feel slightly grown up and slightly foolish.

Actually, I think that the business card illustrates something I've been thinking about for a while. Blogging has really been so educational and valuable to me. I've written for an audience that reacts and responds to my work, marketed myself, learned how to gain traffic, and gradually honed my writing into something slightly more polished than it used to be. In the past, my writing has only been read by teachers, parents, and the occasional peer (as well as the lovely people at writing.com who comment on my fiction and poetry), so it's wonderful to have a different kind of audience to target my writing at. I don't take myself very seriously, but I still spend a huge amount of time working to make this blog the best it can be. It's so great to be able to interact with others who share the same interest in fashion and dedication to their blogs. I think this is an invaluable experience for an almost-eighteen-year-old, and one that will benefit me my entire life.

The reason the business card relates to this is that creating a business card and using it to market oneself is something that most people don't get to do at my age.

Just something I've been thinking about.

Well, I'm off to take a quick nap, and then I'm going shopping! Hopefully I'll buy some nice things to blog about later.

No comments: