Thursday, November 8, 2007

Cheap & Chic



How cute is the styling from this Elle Girl story? I love it! So fun! Although the story is called Cheap & Chic, I spy Chloe boots and a Chanel bag. Oh well- it's the quirky clothing combinations that get me, not the fact that the pants in the center are actually (gasp!) under $100. I have been considering buying a fedora, and after this story, I think I might just go for it.



I like that the fashions shown here are reasonable and age-appropriate. As a teenager, I often feel that the media is pushing uncomfortable, unreasonable, or skimpy things at me. It's nice to see something different for a change. It just goes to show that you don't need to freeze in a mini dress or totter around on sky-high heels to look good, and also that you can have fun with your wardrobe.

ElleGirl, I approve!

P.S. Is that model not adorable?!

7 comments:

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

That shoot is too cute! Beautiful nerdy styling, I adore.

Anonymous said...

The model reminds me of you. :)

Kori said...

the clothes horse - Beautifully nerdy's a good way to put it!

raven - Aww, thanks! I'm flattered!

WendyB said...

Very cute!

Anonymous said...

It is rather interesting for me to read this post. Thanks for it. I like such themes and anything that is connected to them. I would like to read more on that blog soon.

Anonymous said...

It is rather interesting for me to read this post. Thanks the author for it. I like such themes and anything connected to this matter. I definitely want to read more on that blog soon.

kids aprons said...

very cool fashion. this reminds me of "OLD MCDONALDS FARM" song... wearing cool strip long sleeves with hat. \m/