Thursday, July 17, 2008

I Spy a DIY

I think my laziness (let's say it's summer-induced laziness, to save face if nothing else) has been compromised. The universe appears to be kicking my butt into gear.

Summer courses, the responsible things I really should be doing instead of sprawling on my bed with a stack of glossies, and a few exciting extras to be shared at later times have raised my stress level a bit. I mean, I'm not hugely busy, but if I didn't procrastinate so much, I would be. But such is life.

That's why it's so unfair that I've been itching to do some DIY projects. I don't really have the time, damnit! But I hope to do them just the same.

Firstly, the new denim issue of Nylon had a fairly easy DIY for these adorable denim romper shorts. Want 'em, must have 'em, will make 'em! The article isn't on Nylon's website, so you'll just have to trust me on this one.

Then, there's this picture of a blazer on the Urban Collection website:


Isn't it stunning? I'd like to think I can make one like it. A trip to the thrift store and craft store should do the truck, and I honestly think it shouldn't be too hard. It would be a piece of cake if I could use a glue gun to attach the silver buttons, but then I wouldn't be able to wash the blazer. I may suck it up an sew by hand; it should be worth it. A garment like that will definitely draw the right kind of stares!

I know, I know. I rarely do DIY projects on this blog, which is kind of strange considering I was ultra-crafty as a kid. I'm a nightmare with a sewing machine. But I'd like a chance to redeem myself, please!

Do you have any neat DIY ideas? Have you made anything really smashing lately? And more importantly, who wants to buy me the Urban Collection blazer to save me from ruining a thrift store one I attempted to spiff up when I should have been doing homework?

5 comments:

makemoremistakes said...

I've been the exact opposite of you- I've been DIYing my little heart out, but that's because it's summer and I finally have some time to relax! I look forward to seeing your creations when you do get time to do them!

xo
angela

makemoremistakes said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
WendyB said...

Cool jacket. But yeah, I think it's better not to use glue.

Unknown said...

I am a huge fan of this store called Susie's Deals!
They carry clothes for everyone, men's, women's, and kids too. I always know that I can walk in to one of their stores a come out with a big bag of really cute stylish stuff for $25! Everything in the store is sold for $5.99 or less and you can even find things that are 2 for $5.99!
I have bought some really nice name brand things at this store and given them to friends and family for Christmas. People have NO idea that these nice items only cost me $5.99 each .. It's Awesome!
I urge you to check them out, because you only have one store on your site that carries clothing and this store appeals to everyone! And they have a web site where you can also shop online or snatch an e-coupon to use at the store, and if you spend $50 the shipping is FREE which is a definite plus!
They have a website and stores in Utah, Nevada, and California.

Kori said...

makemormistakes - Well, better you than me anyway - you're much more talented in that regard!

wendyb - No arguments there!

savvyshopper67 - No more spam!!!!